Job Description Template for:
Database AdministratorYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Develop and integrate ways to organize, manage and store data.
- Work with business managers, staff and departmental peers to establish support for technical needs.
- Perform complex technical and analytical processes to improve system analytics and functions.
- Implement and manage programs and services to support organization’s data services, websites and operations.
- Setup new computer software and databases.
- Add and remove users and employees to database and systems as needed.
- Create high-level reports for systems using coding technologies.
- Identify, troubleshoot and correct issues when they occur and implement solutions to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Update and integrate old systems with new technologies.
- Continuously implement new solutions to enhance security, manageability and backup of data sets, databases and other vital and sensitive information.
- Provide answers and solutions to questions and technical concerns presented by staff.
- Design codes, language and other tech solutions to support and improve database functions.
- Adhere to all company standards while enforcing them.
- Enhance professional knowledge and technical skills by attending seminars, courses, meetings, educational workshops and reading professional publications.
- Collaborate with fellow department staff and network administrators to meet all departmental and organization goals.
- Certification in any of the following databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 & MySQL
- Experience in IT operations, including database administration, management and SQL Server.
- Understanding of server client environments and databases.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- High-level of self-motivation, keen sense of direction and attention to detail.
- Team player and collaborator.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process