Job Description Template for:
Environmental Health and Safety officerYears of experience: 5 - 7 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational health, Safety, or a related scientific field, such as biology, chemistry or engineering.
- Master’s degree in Health physics is desired.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with Avalon policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working. Perform and contribute to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the Operation.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected. Coordinate with VP, Operations and General Manager on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process; supporting and providing relief for the environmental department.
- Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental group and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee for the Operation.
- Manage Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external.
- Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role.
- Experience with surface drill operations and be familiar with exploration camp facilities.
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process