Job Description Template for:
Internal AuditorYears of experience: 5 - 10 years
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Ensures a company or organisation complies with internal regulations and established control protocol.
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Reconciles documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy.
- Completes standard paperwork and questionnaires to confirm internal controls.
- Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process.
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record.
- Presents summarized findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups.
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs.
- Makes recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste.
- Assesses best financial practices for an organisation and makes relevant, informed suggestions.
- Keeps up-to-date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences, workshops, and continuing education seminars.
- Participates in industry organisations and develops a professional network.
- Works with a team to achieve company goals.
- May work extra hours during busy audit seasons or to meet certain milestones.
- Knowledge of Legal and Financial Systems.
- Documentation and Record Keeping.
- Attention to Details and Critical Thinking.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal Communication Abilities.
- Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process