Job Description Template for:
Legal TranslatorYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Languages, Translation, or related field.
- Assists in the preparation of patent evaluation reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Keeps records and maintains a database of documents as they are translated and evaluated.
- Assists in the understanding of the nuances of translated documents by investigating and understanding unfamiliar definitions and terms.
- Reading through original material and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
- Researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation.
- Proofreading and editing final translated and edited documents.
- Providing grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document.
- Prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent English language proficiency.
- Experience in translating legal documents.
- Basic knowledge using Word software.
- Well organized.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Time management skills.
- Background in legal terms and phraseology.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process