Job Description Template for:
Network & Security EngineerYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Cyber-security or related IT fields.
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements of the overall security of the system.
- Creating different ways to solve the existing threats and security issues.
- Configuring and implementing intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Testing and checking the system for weaknesses in software and hardware.
- Maintaining firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
- Creating virus and threat detection systems.
- Configuring and installing security infrastructure devices.
- Investigating intrusion and hacking incidents, collecting incident responses, and carrying out forensic investigations.
- Determining latest technologies and processes that improve the overall security of the system.
- Using industry-standard analysis criteria to test the security level of the firm.
- Developing tracking documents to note system vulnerabilities.
- Reporting the security analysis and monitoring findings.
- Supervising the configuration and installation of new software and hardware.
- Implementing regulatory systems in accordance with IT security.
- Informing the company about the security incidents as soon as possible.
- Modifying the technical, legal, and regulatory aspects of the system security.
- Defining and maintaining security policies.
- Occasionally replacing the security system protocol and architecture.
- Maintaining switches and servers.
- Proven work experience as a network security engineer or information security engineer.
- Experience in creating and maintaining security systems.
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Complete command on dealing with security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
- Understanding of the web-related terminologies and software such as web applications, web related protocols, service-oriented architectures, and web services.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful scenarios.
- Ability to communicate and report network security incidents and issues to the upper management.
- Ability to define and implement the results of malicious code, mobile code, and anti-virus software.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, data loss prevention methods, and disaster recovery methods.
- Network engineer certifications such as CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and GIAC Security Certifications.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process