Job Description Template for:
Payroll CoordinatorYears of experience: 0 - 2 years
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree, Business, Accounting or related field
- Review employees’ time cards to check for work hours compliance.
- Import time cards into payroll systems.
- Review payroll documentation for accuracy and make any needed adjustments.
- Review payroll records to ensure that they comply with the company’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enter payroll into systems so that they can be processed and amounts can be calculated automatically.
- Ascertain that additional payments such as overtime hours, benefits and compensation claims are added into the system.
- Prepare weekly, bi-monthly and monthly payrolls according to each employee’s specific contract.
- Maintain files are records pertaining to employee payroll and enter information such as new employees retirements and terminations.
- Check all records and files for accuracy and make any necessary changed as needed.
- Investigate employees’ complaints concerning pay deposits by following up with banking institutions.
- Assist accounting professionals in preparing accounting records pertaining to payroll accounts.
- Prepare and adjust journal entries in a bid to balance payroll accounts.
- Maintain business controls and audit trails for payroll transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from employees and management executives and resolve any issues that may transpire.
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process