Job Description Template for:
Petroleum EngineerYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering or related field
- Design equipment to extract oil and gas in the most profitable way
- Develop ways to inject water, chemicals, gases, or steam into an oil reserve to force out more of the oil
- Develop plans to drill in oil and gas fields, and then to recover the oil and gas
- Use computer-controlled drilling or fracturing to connect a larger area of an oil and gas deposit to a single well
- Make sure that oil field equipment is installed, operated, and maintained properly
- Interpreting well-logging results (records of the geological formations penetrated by boreholes) to ascertain resource potential
- using specialist computer applications and mathematical models to maximise production.
- liaising with and advising managerial and technical staff
- Excellent mathematical ability and an analytical mind.
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational and IT skills
- Excellent computer skills
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process