Job Description Template for:
Senior Specialist – IT Disaster RecoveryYears of experience: 4 - 8 years
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Develops, updates, and maintains Metropolitan’s Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan and associated procedures.
- Surveys Metropolitan’s various business units to assess their needs and ensures that the Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan supports their respective business recovery plans by performing business impact analyses and establishing recovery time objectives.
- Incorporates and regularly updates business recovery objectives into Metropolitan’s Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Reviews and updates overall corporate emergency response procedures with Metropolitan’s emergency response and business continuity managers.
- Establishes Information Technology disaster recovery testing plans and exercises.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts tests and exercises; reviews results, updates, and revises the plan as required; and maintains a library of corporate emergency response procedures.
- Performs tabletop exercises to support recovery plan.
- Maintains effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts including disaster recovery professional organizations, local and regional emergency response groups, representatives of government, member agencies, contractors, consultants, and the public in order to represent Metropolitan’s interests in a collaborative and informed manner.
- May be assigned to lead, participate, and support Information Technology specialized projects and functions.
- Provides technical consulting expertise to staff and to senior management.
- Two years experience in Senior Information Technology level
- Ability to prepare comprehensive administrative and technical documents and reports
- Ability to conduct complex problem-solving related to project responsibilities
- Ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise, and well-organized presentations to a wide variety of audiences having varying levels of technical knowledge including management
- Detailed knowledge of planning and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- An excellent understanding of IT infrastructure and different application architectures
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process