Job Description Template for:
Underwriting AssistantYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers and other distributors in support of business retention and acquisition. Work with customers and distributors to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions
- Assist in formulating and executing underwriting plans for D&O, Crime and Financial Institution risks, as well as sales and service strategy for these product lines
- Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business of Commercial Insurance Division utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting (TZW) framework, within delegated authority levels
- Responsible for Business Development and market facing activities with key distribution partners, including International and local brokers and agency channels
- Measure exposure and analyze risk; determine the technical price according to agreed pricing process; quote and set coverage; negotiate terms & conditions
- Build relationships in support of customer/ business acquisition and retention
- Contribute ideas and work for the development of new or enhanced propositions based on technical, customer and distributor insights
- Effective analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Decision-making skills.
- Numeracy and statistical skills.
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work.
- Self-starter, proactive, results and execution oriented
- Team-working skills
- Customer service skills, and the ability to build trust based business relationships with customers and producers
- Practical market-facing underwriting experience
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge in Financial Lines products, including Financial Institutions, D&O, Crime lines underwriting
- Experience in servicing multinational/ complex accounts with large/ key brokers
- Negotiation, influencing and selling skills
- Ability to develop relationships with key business partners
- Pipeline management and new business development
- Knowledge of major legal & regulatory issues in Financial Lines.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process