Job Description Template for:
Underwriting managerYears of experience: 7 - 10 years
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Leadership: Responsible for the acquisition, retention and development of underwriting talent.Formally manages, guides, mentors, and coaches underwriters in both technical and professional skills.Fosters an environment conducive to continuous improvement and root cause problem solving activities.
- Risk Selection: Responsible for implementing a strategy to better evaluate risk quality and further UWs skillset in qualifying, selecting and assessing risk.
- Agent/Broker Relationships: Fosters relationship management with key Agents and Brokers. Develops underwriter negotiation, communication and general deal making skills.
- Portfolio Management:Evaluates portfolio performance based on profitability metrics, multiline diversification, reinsurance, production metrics and industry trends.
- Quality Audit and Account Review:Ensure files meet regulatory requirements and internal documentation standards
- Coaches underwriters to articulate thought process, decision making within both account reviews and file documentation.
- Analyzing and problem solving
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong decision making ability
- Building Relationships
- Working effectively with others
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
- Planning and organizing skills
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process