Job Description Template for:
Vendor Management SpecialistYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining effective partner relationships with strategic technology vendors, negotiating and signing for new and existing Vendor Agreements.
- Review Vendor program changes and spearhead tactical internal teams to mitigate risk and improve profitability.
- Be the principal liaison between the vendor and internal groups.
- Monitor Vendor Certification Requirements and ensuring that ISG stays current.
- Manage changes in demand of the ISG business strategy and develop upward path strategies to maximize the profitability of ISG Vendor relationships.
- Keep Vendor Agreements and Certification requirements current
- Develop strategic calendar and recommend internal and external programs around vendor marketing and sales SPIFF programs
- Track and optimize rebates
- Monitor and manage vendor program renewals and required certifications to ensure ISG is in compliance
- Attend quarterly business reviews with vendors, and follow up on action items
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great leadership skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to establish and document processes, guidelines and policies.
- Organizational Support – Follows company policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Knowledge of the various types of software licensing, metric and maintenance /support contracts required.
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructures and Applications required. Knowledge of ITIL best practices preferred.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process