Job Description Template for:
Application Development ManagerYears of experience: 7 - 10 years
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Applications development managers analyze the existing software systems and find out defects or incapability within them.
- Understand clients requirements and most of the times engaged in client side development process.
- Plan budgets to upgrade the existing systems to meet the requirements of the client and that suit the current industry requirements.
- Design rough logic to be implemented in upgrading the systems.
- Understand the architecture of the systems and give specifications to the development team involved in the development process so that the systems developed are compatible to the operating system, hardware, etc.
- Oversees projects assigned to web and software developers and the application development team.
- Oversee the development and implementation of change control processes for the development team to follow.
- Manage the integrity, and changes to the application development servers and databases.
- Provide technology decisions that impact software development.
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Manage the pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and makes the appropriate recommendations.
- Oversee the collaboration of analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Provide technical leadership to BSA, QA Analyst and programmers working on development project teams.
- Knowledge of automated software and system management tools.
- Knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of core software applications, including Oracle JDE/Fusion, marketing tools, Microsoft office and application development tools.
- Have the ability to code programs using programming languages like C, C++, Java, .Net
- Knowledge of networking protocols, HTML, XML and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Knowledge of network and operating systems including iSeries, Window Server and desktop OS.
- Knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Lean, and Scrum etc.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process