Job Description Template for:
Art DirectorYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Arts, specialization in Gaphic Design
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction for all games.
- Direct multiple art disciplines to achieve awesome results.
- Create concept paintings, models, textures and other benchmark assets that inspire others.
- Work closely with game design to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department.
- Partner with management to ensure team is healthy and strong.
- Lead, inspire and mentor artists and art leads.
- Supervise design staff, Review and approve designs.
- Demonstrable mastery of illustration, animation, graphic design – with versatility, including: backgrounds, characters and UI elements
- Solid experience in the entertainment and/or video game / interactive markets
- Solid understanding/philosophy of game development and the realities of production from a tech, and design standpoint
- Successful track record in developing, mentoring and managing multidisciplinary art teams
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to make compromises while maintaining art quality
- Experience multitasking on multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail and target quality
- Expert understanding of art direction and storytelling
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process