Job Description Template for:
Big Data EngineerYears of experience: 0 - 2 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or any relevant field.
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Defining data retention policies.
- Develop code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Reviewing data structure of the data warehouse.
- Advance the organizational understanding of available data, incorporating it into improving our view of the world.
- On Call Support.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business systems theories, processes, rules and regulations and how they apply to technology in the applicable area(s).
- Knowledge of programming languages, e.g. SQL, Oracle, and JAVA.
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster.
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, and to solve complex problems daily.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements.
- Ability to assist in documenting requirements as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process