Job Description Template for:
Budget AnalystYears of experience: 5 - 7 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Accounting or related field.
- Work with program and project managers to develop the organization's budget.
- Review managers' budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with laws and other regulations.
- Combine all the program and department budgets together into a consolidated organizational budget and review all funding requests for merit.
- Explain their recommendations for funding requests to others in the organization, legislators, and the public.
- Help the chief operations officer, agency head, or other top managers analyze proposed plans and find alternatives if the projected results are unsatisfactory.
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that it is within budget.
- Inform program managers of the status and availability of funds.
- Estimate future financial needs.
- Prepare periodical and special reports.
- Suggest improvements to increase profits (e.g. spending cuts).
- Ensure the organization’s budget adheres to legal regulations.
- Proven experience as budget analyst.
- Knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Understanding of budgeting and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent mathematical ability and an analytical mind.
- Proficient in MS Office and databases; knowledge of graphic software is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to details.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process