Job Description Template for:
Business Development and Marketing ManagerYears of experience: 7 - 10 years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Marketing, Business Management or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Law, Marketing, Business Management or related field is preferred.
- Responsible of all the company's bids and proposals.
- Market Intelligence – conduct research on existing and prospective clients and opportunities.
- Stay on top of legal industry and market trends (including competitor firms) to support BD and marketing initiatives.
- New Client Meetings – support lawyers and management team with introductory meetings for new clients and prospective client.
- New Business Development – develop and strengthen network and contacts to introduce new potential clients to the firm.
- Events – manage and support client events from start to finish, working closely with the management and lawyers.
- Conferences – negotiate local or regional sponsorship deals and speaking opportunities as appropriate to fit within strategy and budget.
- Database – work closely with the management team, all lawyers and their support staff, and the IT department to build upon the contacts list and create a robust client database.
- Directories and Award - draft submissions to directories and awards as appropriate and with management approval, including managing relevant submissions and interviews.
- PR/Social Media/Website – assist the management with keeping up social media accounts and website to ensure that wins/awards/deals/new senior lawyer hires etc. are properly communicated, both internally and externally.
- Responsible of Profile building of the firm.
- Develop of a new CSR program, working closely with the lawyers and staff to initiate new ideas and implement the program, and publicize appropriately through marketing materials, awards submissions, on the website and social media.
- Drive the production of tailored materials such as office brochures/practice area profiles and capability statement.
- Improve template and create a calendar with regular steady flow of content from the lawyers, ensuring timely submission of articles and managing the execution.
- Ensure that the firm website is up-to-date. Regularly update content, lawyer bios, practice area descriptions, and all other information.
- Support the management to improve website look and content, suggest new ideas, and implement development projects.
- Share information and best practices with the lawyers and management.
- Support the firm management and senior lawyers to draft and support on BD planning for key clients and targets and support the subsequent delivery of initiatives as required.
- Other BD and Marketing projects / tasks as required by management and lawyers.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional services environment. Law firm experience.
- Solid track record of delivering quality proposals/bids.
- Proven work experience as Manager.
- An appreciation the law firm environment, understanding deadlines and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding market trends, pricing strategy and issues that may affect the delivery of legal services.
- Ability to take responsibility for and lead projects.
- Ability to work effectively with and motivate a widely diverse group of lawyers and staff and adapt to different communication and work styles.
- Ability to motivate and develop junior staff to productive levels and always looking to improve to a higher standard.
- Self-starter who is able to demonstrate resilience and persistence.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process