Job Description Template for:
Computer Hardware EngineerYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Master’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- Design and test new computer hardware and equipment to meet customer specifications or in-house project requirements, and participate in all aspects of development from initial planning to production.
- Analyze design plans and project requirement data to create comprehensive testing procedures to verify that components and features operate correctly and meet operational benchmarks.
- Coordinate with developers, project managers, engineering teams and quality assurance personnel to resolve technical issues during development, testing and production.
- Test existing hardware components, including processors, circuit boards and network equipment, to define operational parameters and recommend necessary upgrades and replacements to meet current and future performance standards.
- Oversee manufacturing and production of new hardware, including development of operational prototypes, to verify compliance with design plans and testing procedures.
- Maintain professional knowledge base of computer engineering trends and technological advances by reading industry publications, attending trade shows and conferences and pursuing professional education.
- Ensure new hardware systems and equipment work correctly with computer software programs according to performance requirements, and modify hardware as necessary to address errors and other concerns.
- Self-motivated with exceptional critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Strong communications skills.
- Innovative, results-oriented problem solver.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process