Job Description Template for:
Game ArtistYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Animation or related field.
- Sketching and painting characters and environments of various styles.
- Helping to establish the style by providing finished illustrations of assets for all projects assigned.
- Create style guides to clearly and accurately reflect the style breakdown.
- Assist with art reviews, providing verbal as well as visual feedback to help maintain the approved style.
- Making art a competitive advantage.
- Create a wide variety of concept designs ranging from characters, environments, props, UI, effects, logos, and even storyboarding.
- Meet deadlines on project delivery.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to create concepts that not only take technology and mobile design requirements into consideration but help to advance them.
- Create a wide variety of concept designs ranging from developing 2D or 3D characters, environments, props, UI, effects, logos, and even storyboarding
- Evaluate new products in the game industry based on field knowledge.
- Excellent drawing and painting skills.
- Expert knowledge in Flash.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proven knowledge of light and color through rendering.
- Excellent conceptual, illustration and graphic design skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work individually.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Understand flow, composition and design as they relate to the user’s experience in games.
- Experience with Unity and NGUI in a professional work environment.
- Ability to write, edit and understand scripts.
- Experience making art for games.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process