Job Description Template for:
Geographical information systems officerYears of experience: 0 - 2 years
- Bachelor's Degree in GIS, geography or computer sciences.
- capturing the location of 'assets' such as bridges, street lights, road barriers, flood defenses and so on using GPS tools in the field for private companies, government agencies and local authorities;
- desk-based data capture (digitising) to convert paper maps to GIS datasets, for example, to record the location of telecoms cables or water pipelines from original maps.
- creating and maintaining the structures necessary for GIS data storage;
- developing the tools for loading/transferring GIS data between different systems;
- manipulation, analysis and presentation of geographical information by creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another;
- developing internet applications to present GIS data and tools on corporate websites;
- Computer skills including the use of complex databases and spreadsheets, and specific software such as ArcGIS;
- That you are highly numerate and able to analyse data and statistics;
- The ability to translate requirements into working solutions;
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process