Job Description Template for:
Logistics SpecialistYears of experience: 1 - 2 years
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics or related field.
- Reduce packaging, plan fuel-efficient routes, etc.
- Keep track of the current inventory and anticipate future needs.
- Determine the most cost-effective way of transporting goods.
- Oversee the departments' functions and staff.
- Determine the most efficient way of transporting goods.
- Implement measures to remove leftover materials/products.
- Monitor and report on issues to regulatory authorities.
- Control the flow of products within a business.
- Negotiate and coordinate with carriers.
- Minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Monitor the effectiveness of these measures.
- Experience of logistics management
- Excellent understanding of efficient materials flow and best practice.
- Experience in dealing with global suppliers
- High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Certification as an operator of a particular mode of transportation.
- Previous experience in transportation operations.
- Analyzes information effectively.
- Great leadership ability.
- Good management skills.
- Works well with others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solves problems effectively.
- Well organized.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process