Job Description Template for:
Senior Manager - IT GovernanceYears of experience: 8 - 10 years
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Ensure the development of key policies, guidelines, and systems for the function and ensure compliance with approved guidelines.
- Participate in the continuous development and improvement of business procedures to ensure that the appropriate level of quality is achieved.
- Oversee the status of IT projects during all phases (analysis, implementation, test, roll-out) for large projects and review project status reports.
- Oversee the development of projects plans and the relevant communication plans.
- Ensure the implementation of project management best practices as governed by PMO based project management framework including its process definition, templates and tools.
- Oversee the development and tracking of schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans.
- Review all the project documentations and vendor management portfolio.
- Manage, maintain, & updates all vendor-management portfolio.
- Lead the development of financial and management tools for efficient planning, monitoring, inspection and control of IT solutions and projects.
- Identify and implement controls of saving opportunities.
- Review reports on structure, budgeting and base line cost control.
- Ensure the conduct of intra-year cost control and regular business case reviews.
- Liaise with the Financial Control Division to ensure proper IT cost allocation.
- Oversee the development of KPIs and dashboards to monitor services and processes and provide the required reports.
- Provide leadership and direction to subordinates towards the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of work.
- Problem Solving – Identifying and solving problems in a timely manner. Suggesting /implementing solutions to overcome operation related obstacles and achieve the desired results.
- Job Knowledge - Understanding the requirements of the job and constantly keeping knowledge up-to-date with new developments pertaining to the job area.
- Change Management – Planning, executing and monitoring a program of activities to achieve the desired business objectives while undergoing through a change process, and ensuring a successful implementation of a new change initiative.
- Process Excellence - Driving process and operation improvement activities to enhance productivity, quality, cost, etc. Keeping abreast of innovations, benchmarking against best practices and implementing changes.
- Quality Focus - Striving to execute tasks in accordance with the relevant quality standards. Implementing and adhering to the relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Good experience in software engineering.
- Extensive experience in leading cross-functional project teams.
- Solid knowledge of project management best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Project & Portfolio management software.
- Professional certifications such as (PMO).
- Proficient in English, Arabic would be an advantage.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process