Job Description Template for:
Senior Specialist – IT Disaster RecoveryYears of experience: 4 - 8 years
- Bachelor's Degree, computer science or information technology
- Implement and manage Disaster Recovery framework in CBUAE creating policies, procedures and plans for providing recovery of data and systems
- Coordinate with Business Continuity Section in translating Business requirements and BC plans into achievable Disaster Recovery plans and participate in regular testing of those plans
- Manage implementation and day-to-day functions related to creating Disaster Recovery Plans, while also managing Disaster Recovery site operations within the IT department
- Maintains understanding of current CBUAE IT Strategy and BC plans and aligns the Disaster Recovery plans to meet the business strategy and requirements.
- Leads the development and implementation of disaster recovery policies, standards, practices, and plans based on IT strategy, and business/regulatory requirements.
- Manages regular Disaster Recovery Tests, including planning, execution, delivery and lessons learned.
- Supports the integration of all new and modified systems into the master Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Identify potential Business Interruptions, develop safeguards against these interruptions, and implement recovery procedures in the event of a business interruption. Provide documentation and training on Contingency Planning concepts and procedures
- Safeguard data processing operations by identifying potential problem areas and single points of failure that may result in interruptions to critical data processing operations
- Reviews disaster plans and facilitates updates based on changing business needs and technology employed.
- Performs and manages Disaster Recovery upgrades and projects.
- Monitors and manages third party performance of service delivery.
- Develops and delivers Disaster Recovery educational and awareness sessions to various levels across the organization if necessary
- Assists with development of annual capital and operating budgets related to Disaster Recovery activities.
- Establish and maintain cooperation with local regulatory agencies responsible for business continuity and disaster recovery area (e.g. NCEMA)
- Participates in industry and other professional Disaster Recovery networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen the team and organizational knowledge.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of work.
- Provide leadership and direction to subordinates towards the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles.
- Prepare performance evaluation and appraisal reports of direct reports to assess subordinates productivity and progress, and identify training needs of the team members.
- Problem Solving – Identifying and solving problems in a timely manner. Suggesting/implementing solutions to overcome operation related obstacles and achieve the desired results.
- Job Knowledge - Understanding the requirements of the job and constantly keeping knowledge up-to-date with new developments pertaining to the job area.
- Change Management – Planning, executing and monitoring a program of activities to achieve the desired business objectives while undergoing through a change process, and ensuring a successful implementation of a new change initiative.
- Process Excellence - Driving process and operation improvement activities to enhance productivity, quality, cost, etc. Keeping abreast of innovations, benchmarking against best practices and implementing changes.
- Quality Focus - Striving to execute tasks in accordance with the relevant quality standards. Implementing and adhering to the relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery; network recovery methodology and practices.
- Proven technical knowledge of system architectures and recovery requirements of IS systems and processes.
- Knowledge of risk management issues and practices.
- Ability to identify, develop, and implement infrastructure required for comprehensive disaster planning.
- Highly analytical and able to understand business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Professional certifications such as CBCP, ISO 22301 Lead Implementer or Auditor etc. are preferable
- Knowledge of international and local Business Continuity Standards such as ISO 22301, NCEMA etc. is preferable
- 4+ years working experience in the UAE, with appropriate familiarity with the UAE market and regulations.
- Proficient in Arabic and English
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process