Job Description Template for:
Specialist – LicensingYears of experience: 2 - 4 years
- Bachelor's Degree, finance or related field
- Maintain an understanding of the relevant licensing procedures of CBUAE across the regulated institutions of the Banking sector, ensuring compliance at all times.
- Coordinate with regulated institutions of the banking sector for the collection and compilation of all relevant documentation required for the processing of licenses.
- Propose licensing decisions to the Head of Licensing for approval; communicate licensing decision to applicants including reasons thereof.
- Understand the specific licensing requirements of regulated institutions (i.e. changes of ownership requiring major acquisitions, proposed changes to capital structure, etc.), and accordingly process and escalate, along with relevant documentation, for approval.
- Manage the maintenance of all licensing documents of regulated institutions of the banking sector, ensuring safe storage in a comprehensive CBUAE database.
- Work closely with regulated institutions of the banking sector to ensure that CBUAE is kept up-to-date on all relevant developments in these institutions (i.e. new product launches, changes in shareholding, senior staff appointments, etc.), and that licenses are accordingly amended.
- Coordinate with the Supervision & Examination function, in addition to Consumer Protection for the processing of licensing decisions.
- Develop reports detailing licensing approvals, in addition to any amendments to these approvals, for relevant authorities.
- Coordinate with regulated institutions of the banking sector to collect customer feedback, taking corrective action as required.
- Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles.
- Conduct performance evaluations as per the approved policies and procedures and identify training needs to ensure the development of the team’s capabilities.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of the role.
- Dependability - Following instructions and responding to management requests. Meeting deadlines or informing the supervisor of any changes in plans.
- Time Management - Being able to plan, prioritize, set milestones, coordinate tasks, adhere to deadlines, predict set back and develop corrective actions.
- Quality Focus - Striving to execute tasks in accordance with the relevant quality standards. Implementing and adhering to the relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Communication - Communicating clearly and concisely with appropriate use of vocabulary as well as body language. Engaging in productive and effective dialogues.
- Job Knowledge - Understanding the requirements of the job and constantly keeping knowledge up-to-date with new developments pertaining to the job area.
- Good communication and coordination skills, ensuring up-to-date knowledge and awareness of the situation of regulated institutions and any changes in licensing requirements.
- Good skills in overall administration, ensuring timely and efficient work.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operations and activities of regulated institutions of the Banking sector.
- Proficient in the Arabic and English languages
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process