Job Description Template for:
Specialist – Network EngineerYears of experience: 2 - 4 years
- Bachelor degree in Electronics / IT / Telecom or any other related discipline.
- Troubleshoot, install, implement and administer network systems and provide Tier III support.
- Analyze capacity issues and develop capacity planning models.
- Monitor and assess network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Conduct and report short- and long-term planning to meet network and capacity and continuity requirements
- Assist with the planning, installing and deployment of network security measures.
- Execute testing activities for developing network security guidelines.
- Assist in coordinating, establishing and maintenance of an effective working relationships with hardware and, software, and telecommunication vendors, other service providers and CBUAE systems participants for any infrastructure and connectivity issues.
- Ensure planned testing activities are executed for developing network security guidelines.
- Oversee and ensure the orderly maintaining of networking and its peripheral equipment, its related software and applications.
- Carry out the improvement of work processes, procedures and the development of new tools.
- Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Carry out the orderly maintaining of networking, peripheral equipment and devices, environment and related software and applications.
- Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
- Recommend network design changes and enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of the role.
- Achievement Orientation – Having a concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence. This standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (results orientation); outperforming others (competitiveness); challenging goals one has set, or even doing what has not been done before (unique innovation).
- Problem Solving – Identifying and solving problems in a timely manner. Suggesting /implementing solutions to overcome operation related obstacles and achieve the desired results.
- Job Knowledge - Understanding the requirements of the job and constantly keeping knowledge up-to-date with new developments pertaining to the job area.
- Quality Focus - Striving to execute tasks in accordance with the relevant quality standards. Implementing and adhering to the relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Process Excellence - Driving process and operation improvement activities to enhance productivity, quality, cost, etc. Keeping abreast of innovations, benchmarking against best practices and implementing changes.
- Knowledge of installations, configurations and operations of IT infrastructure like Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Servers, Storage, etc.
- Acquaintance with VLANs, IP Routing, Firewalls, Data Centres networking, etc.
- Proficient in English, Arabic would be an advantage.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process