Job Description Template for:
Technical WriterYears of experience: 2 - 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, another discipline focused on written communication (e.g., Journalism), Instructional Design, Computer Science, or equivalent education.
- Interact with analysts, software developers, operational resources, and other business stakeholders.
- Design, create, and maintain procedural documentation, reference documentation, and release notes for new and existing products; deliverables may include both print and online formats.
- Develop tools and processes to automate document creation and maintenance.
- Participate in product requirement review meetings in order to understand product requirements and to contribute to the product requirements process.
- Record video tutorials and tips for using our technology.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Analyze existing and potential content.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
- Produce high quality documentation that meets applicable standards.
- Experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Excellent writing skills, including mechanics/grammar, content organization, proofreading, and copyediting experience essential.
- Technical writing experience in a professional, deadline driven environment.
- Good knowledge in 3D.
- Experience with professional authoring tools (RoboHelp, FrameMaker, Flare, WebWorks Publisher, Author-it, or comparable).
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process