Job Description Template for:
Underwriting AssistantYears of experience: 0 - 2 years
- Bachelor's Degree, business administration or related field.
- Study insurance proposals.
- Gather and assess background information, including reports and medical records from specialists where appropriate, in order to effectively assess the risk involved.
- Calculate possible risk and decide how much individuals or organisations should pay for insurance (the premium).
- Visit brokers or potential customers and prepare quotes.
- Liaise with specialists, such as surveyors or doctors, for risk assessment, and develop good working relationships with brokers.
- Write policies and help with policy wording.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
- Ensure that premiums are competitive and that accounts remain profitable.
- Effective analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- The ability to absorb technical information.
- Confident decision-making skills.
- Numeracy and statistical skills.
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Team-working skills but also a willingness to work using your own initiative.
- Customer service skills.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process