Job Description Template for:
Underwriting managerYears of experience: 5 - 7 years
- Bachelor's Degree, business administration or related field
- Accountable for the management of a geographic commercial underwriting operation, which consists of an underwriting unit and may include field underwriters. Oversee the acceptance, declination and pricing of risks.
- Counsel and mentor subordinates on complicated risks and make underwriting decisions on risks exceeding their authority.
- Accountable for profit growth and performance and make recommendations or implement underwriting guidelines or pricing corrections when appropriate.
- Responsible for the selection and training of personnel as well as initiating personnel actions such as salary adjustments, performance evaluations, promotions, etc.
- Complete other duties and assignments as they arise.
- Analyze information in insurance applications
- Determine the risk of insuring a client
- Leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and develop others
- Analytical, organizational, planning and communication skills
- Determining the probability of losses on an insurance policy and calculating appropriate premiums require mathematical ability.
- Underwriters must consider the costs and benefits of various decisions and choose the appropriate one.
Learn how these templates and many other features in SocialDice can help you improve and optimise your recruitment process